Death Of Actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Oscar-winning actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose.
Hoffman was said to be one of the most ambitious actors of this generation.
Fans gathered overnight at his New York City apartment to pay tribute with candles and flowers.
A syringe was found in Hoffman's arm and there were envelopes of suspected heroin at the scene.
In May of last year Hoffman admitted he had recently spent ten days in rehab for drug abuse including heroin.
In 2006, the actor told 60 Minutes he had a drug problem in his early twenties, but had kicked the habit for 23 years.
Hoffman is survived by his longtime girlfriend, theater director and costume designer Mimi O'Donnell and their three children.
- Eight Year Old Passes Away While Waiting For Heart
- Ex-Tarzan Actor Arrested; Big Cats Taken from Home
- Academy Award Winning Actor Ernest Borgnine Dies
- Actor Sherman Hemsley of "The Jeffersons" Dies
- Grandmother Could Face Death Penalty
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Tampa School District's Special Needs Policies Under Review After Student Death
- Anti-Death Penalty Supporters Remember Executed Man
- Columbia County Man Sentenced to Death
- Death Warrant Issued for Askari Abdullah Muhammad