Missing Woman's Remains Found in Texas
Published April 21st, 2014
The remains of a woman missing since 1979 were found inside of a truck partially exposed in Lake Grandbury because of low water levels in Grandbury, Texas.
Hood County Police say a person walking by the lake Thursday noticed the truck partially exposed in the water.
Sheriff's say investigators went through the cab and discovered bones that were skeletal remains of a person.
According to investigators the remains inside the cab belonged to Helen Holladay, who was a 45-year-old when she was reported missing in September of 1979.
She was declared dead in 1986.
Police at the time didn't think it was an accident.
- Missing woman's remains identified thanks to DNA testing
- Gainesville Police Searching For Woman's Attacker
- Volunteers renovate local woman's home
- Immunotherapy drug saves Ocala woman's life
- Man arrested after beating on woman's car
- 97 Year Old Texas Woman Rides Hot Air Balloon
- Remains found believed to be missing woman Keyanta Williams
- Missing woman's boyfriend arrested, family searching for answers
- Missing woman's home burglarized
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found