Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
NFL Star Junior Seau Found Dead
OCEANSIDE, Calif. - Former longtime NFL linebacker Junior Seau reportedly committed suicide today at his Oceanside, Calif., home.
Seau's mother broke down in tears at a press conference outside her son's home this afternoon, saying "Take me, take me, leave my son, but it's too late."
Oceanside Police Chief Frank McCoy said a woman who identified herself as Seau's girlfriend called 911 at 9:45 a.m. PT and told the dispatcher that she had found Seau unconscious in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest. McCoy said a handgun was found near Seau's body, and authorities are investigating the former NFL player's death as a suicide.
The Chargers released a statement: "Everyone at the Chargers is in complete shock and disbelief right now. We ask everyone to stop what they're doing and send their prayers to Junior and his family."
Seau played in the NFL for 20 years for teams including the Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. He leaves behind three children and an ex-wife.
Multiple former NFL players have committed suicide in recent years possibly as a result of brain injuries, including former Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson, who also shot himself in the chest; ex-Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Terry Long; and Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Andre Waters.
- NFL Great Junior Seau May Have Taken His Own Life
- NFL Star Apparently Commits Suicide
- 'Glee' Star Cory Monteith Dead At 31
- Three Juniors Leave Florida For NFL
- Family Found Dead
- Frenchman Found Dead in New York Hotel
- Georgia Man Charged After 10 Dead Dogs Found in Home
- Mary Kennedy Found Dead In Home
- Sylvester Stallone's Son Found Dead
- FORMER GATOR ATKINS FOUND DEAD