UPS Reports Scattered Technical Problems
NEW YORK (AP) - UPS is reporting widespread, scattered technical problems affecting tracking and processing of packages.
United Parcel Service Inc. spokeswoman Susan Rosenberg said Wednesday that the outages are not affecting the movement of trucks or any other part of the operation.
The problem is with some shipping applications that customers use to input and track shipments. Some are reporting problems getting into the system.
Rosenberg says a disruption like this is very rare because of the number of overlaps in the system designed to prevent them.
UPS, based in Atlanta, expects the disruption to be cleared up soon.
- No Trouble Reported as Biggest Solar Storm in Years Arrives
- Researchers Report Rx Pill Abuse Problem Among Youth
- Technical Failure in Archer Leaves Thousands in the Dark
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- Sleep Problems
- Isaac Still Causing Problems Days After Landfall
- Feds Investigate Problems with Side Air Bags
- Risky spacewalk scheduled to fix ISS cooling problem, says NASA source
- Spacesuit flooding problem makes repairs to ISS cooling system risky, endangering experiments
- Floods Now a Problem for Storm Ravaged Oklahoma