Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Romney Says Obama has Failed to Help Create Jobs
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Mitt Romney says President Barack Obama is over his head and swimming in the wrong direction when it comes to the economy.
In a scathing indictment of Obama's policies, the Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting says virtually nothing Obama has done in his time in the Oval Office has helped create jobs.
Romney says more Americans have lost jobs, more houses have plunged in value, gasoline prices have doubled and health care costs have risen during Obama's tenure.
Romney spoke Wednesday in Charlotte, N.C., across the street from the Bank of America Stadium, where Obama will accept the Democratic Party's nomination to a second term in early September.
Romney spoke as Obama campaigned in Ohio, a perennial swing state struggling to recover from the worst recession in decades.
- Romney: Obama Wrongly Content With US Job Growth
- Romney Says Obama is Distorting GOP Budget Plan
- President Obama Receives Majority Vote In Recent Poll
- Poll Shows President Obama Ahead in Swing States
- Obama and Romney Trade Barbs Over Economic Plans
- Pro-Obama Group Runs Anti-Romney Ads in Michigan
- Obama Campaign: Romney Can't Buy the Presidency
- Romney Denounces Idea of Obama-Wright Campaign Ads
- Romney and GOP Raise More Than Obama and Democrats
- FACT CHECK: Romney, Obama on Immigration Plans