Santorum's 3-Year-Old Daughter Taken to Hospital
WASHINGTON (AP) - The ill daughter of Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has been taken to the hospital.
Santorum's campaign said Friday that 3-year-old Bella had been returned to the hospital. She has the rare genetic condition Trisomy 18 and was hospitalized earlier this year with pneumonia.
Santorum's campaign did not identify the hospital or say why her parents took Bella there.
The former Pennsylvania senator is spending a few days off the trail for Easter.
Bella's condition typically proves fatal. Santorum often says she wasn't expected to live past her first birthday.
- GOP Leader Urges Unity Following Santorum's Exit
- Santorum's Tax Returns Show Increase in Wealth
- 3-Year-Old Girl Swallows 37 Magnets
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Pickin' For Kaedyn, Helping 3-Year-Old Leukemia Patient
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- Santorum Knocks Romney's Deep Pockets
- GOP's Santorum Draws Tea Party Ire in Kansas
- Tuesday's Wins Boost Santorum Fundraising
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender