200 Big Macs for Fans
Penn State University's basketball coach was behind the counter in Pennsylvania at a campus-area McDonald's yesterday.
It's not a second job for Pat Chambers... it was all to take care of fans who were hungry for more than just a win.
Saturday, the Nittany Lions beat Nebraska 67-51.
In the final minutes, Coach Chambers had the team hold back and not attempt a basket. It cost fans a meal. Every time Penn State reaches 70 points in a game this season, ticket-holders can use their ticket stub to get a free Big Mac.
Chambers decided to deliver on his dime.
Chambers said, "I just felt like the students were kind of bummed out that we didn't shoot the last shot so I was thinking on Monday I want to do something nice and get them a meal. Always supporting the program... I want them to come back out and continue to support the team cuz they're working hard and they deserve a good crowd."
Chambers covered the bill for 200 Big Macs.
- Man Attacks Woman In McDonald's Drive-Through
- Shootout at Daytona Beach McDonald's
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrate 40 Years of Service
- McDonald's Creates Olympic Sized Restuarant
- Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan
- Seven Sandusky Victims Finalize Settlements With Penn State University
- Ronald McDonald House Sees Decrease in Donations
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrates 30 Years
- Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House