NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Another Occupy Clash
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - At least two law enforcement officers were injured during a clash with members of the Occupy movement who were at the state Capitol to protest a rally by a pro-white group.
The clash erupted about 3 p.m. Monday as California Highway Patrol and Sacramento city police officers were escorting about 35 members of the South Africa Project to a parking garage following their protest outside
the Capitol building.
An Associated Press photographer says roughly 50 members of Occupy Oakland began throwing cans and bottles at the South Africa group and at the officers.
The Occupy members then rushed the officers as people with the pro-whites group rushed into the parking garage.
A city police officer was injured when a member of the Occupy group jumped on him, and a CHP officer was hurt after being struck by an object.
Both were taken from the scene by ambulance.
At least two Occupy members were arrested.
- Romney-Santorum Clash Turns Next to Ohio
- Occupy Wall Street Calls For Strike
- I'll Have Another Won't Be Going For the Triple Crown
- NOON UPDATE: Another Carnival Cruise Ship in Trouble
- Hurricane Forecast: Another Busy Atlantic Season
- Another State Allows Gay Marriage
- Another Elmo Accuser Steps Forward
- Another Cold Night in California, Gas Prices Rise Again, and Future of Sandy Hook School Discussed
- Another Delay in Fort Hood Shooting Case
- Mayor Hanrahan Clashes with Police Union Head