Baby Aardvark Born in Illinois Zoo
There's a new arrival at Brookfield Zoo in Illinois.
This baby aardvark came into the world in January, it's the first of its kind born at the zoo in 10 years.
Zoo officials say there are only about 28 of the South African animals in zoos across North America.
They don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl, but they say it's healthy and doing well.
The aardvark weighed just five pounds at birth and now tips the scale at 15 pounds.
- Baby Giraffe (NY)
- Scientists Say Baby Born With HIV Apparently Cured
- Baby Born on Florida Highway
- Gorillas Escape Kansas City Zoo
- Woman Sells Her Baby for a Truck
- California Dog Adopts Baby Lamb
- Baby Penguins
- Food borne illness at Gateway College sends 52 people to the hospital
- Orangutan at Atlanta's Zoo Pregnant for Third Time
- Zoo Atlanta to Offer Admission to Dads on Sunday