Community Gathers to Remember Charlie & Braden Powell
It was a heartbreaking day in Tacoma, Washington on Saturday where a funeral was held for Charlie and Braden Powell, almost a week after the little boys were killed by their father.
The crowd of mourners filled the church and spilled outside, a public show of solidarity with one family suffering shattering grief.
ABC's Abbie Boudreau has the details.
More than a thousand people descended on this Tacoma church to mourn the loss of two innocent boys.
Brothers 7 year old Charlie and 5 year old Braden Powell shared a single casket.
Six days after their father Josh Powell killed himself and his two children in an unimaginable tragedy, this community came together to say goodbye.
The boys' mother Susan Cox Powell mysteriously disappeared from her Utah home more than two years ago.
Since then, her parents and the Powell family had been embroiled in a bitter custody battle for the children.
Today both families put those differences aside.
Police in Washington and in Utah are still pushing forward with their investigation into Susan Powell's disappearance.
Investigators say they've discovered a bloodstained comforter in a search of Josh Powell's storage unit.
Today a community grieving from unspeakable loss and two parents still looking for answers, hoping for the day their daughter will laid to rest.
- Josh Powell Murders: Social Worker Who Dropped Off the Boys Speaks
- Hundreds Gather at a Local Jewish Community Center For The Start Of Passover
- Funeral for Journalist Killed
- Remembering Josh Barton
- Duck Dynasty's Miss Kay Talks Faith, Family & Food
- Man Found Dead Behind His Farmhouse
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell
- Families of Missing People Gather to Remember Loved Ones
- Community Holds Vigil for Those Lost in Ohio School Shooting
- Funeral and Memorial Services Announced for Somer Thompson