Man Drives Over Lover
FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) - A man angry that his girlfriend was trying to break up with him struck her with his car and repeatedly backed over her body, prosecutors said Tuesday in charging him with murder.
Charles Ann had been dating 25-year-old Aena Hong for about a year, and the pair had a tumultuous relationship, Bergen County prosecutor John Molinelli said.
Witnesses told police they saw a woman on foot arguing with the driver of a Hyundai Sonata , Monday in Fort Lee, a northern New Jersey borough .
The car drove away from the woman, turned around, rapidly accelerated and struck her as she was crossing an intersection, witnesses said.
The driver then put the car in reverse and ran over the woman's body three times, investigators said.
Hong, of Fort Lee, was pronounced dead at a hospital. Police found the Hyundai Sonata, registered to Ann, in Fort Lee a few hours later.
The 26-year-old Ann was arrested Tuesday at a friend's apartment in Flushing, N.Y.
Ann, a native of South Korea, came to the U.S. in 2009 and is a naturalized U.S. citizen.
He was carrying a large amount of cash and his passport when he was arrested, leading investigators to believe that he might have been preparing to flee the country, Molinelli said.
Ann is being held on $3 million bail and is awaiting extradition to New Jersey.
- Gainesville Man Pulls Knife on Girlfriend and Her Alleged Lover
- Man Sentenced To Prison For Drunk Driving
- Man Attacks Woman In McDonald's Drive-Through
- Man Stabbed in McDonald's Drive-Thru
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- Man Arrested for Drinking and Driving his Motorcyle Naked
- Police: Man Robs McDonald's Through Drive-Thru Window
- Florida Lawmakers Approve A Ban on Texting While Driving
- UF students hold donation drive for Ecuador victims
- Driving Somewhere? There's a Gov't Record of That