Music Icon Dies
The music world celebrated the life of Whitney Houston last night. Fans mourn the loss of her unforgettable voice, we are learning new details about her final moments. Official results are not expected for weeks, but reports say Houston may have drowned after mixing alcohol and an anti-anxiety drug.
The Grammy Awards opened in prayer with music's biggest star honoring Whitney Houston. Jennifer Hudson sang one of Houston's biggest hits.
As the Grammys were getting underway, the Los Angeles Coroner announced Houston's autopsy was complete. But it could be weeks before it is
determined what killed her. ABC News has learned a variety of pill bottles were found inside Houston'sroom at the Beverly Hilton, where she was staying for a pre-Grammy party.Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub Saturday afternoon.Overnight, Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown arrived in Los Angeles. His daughter with Houston, 18-year old Bobbi Kristina, was rushed to the hospital yesterday afternoon, treated for "stress" and "anxiety". Since word of Houston's death, some of the world's biggest stars have shared their memories of that voice. Oprah Winfrey tweeted:" To me Whitney was "THE VOICE". We got to hear a
part of God every time she sang." In 2009, Houston admitted using cocaine and marijuana for years. And her final days of life are clouded by questions about her sobriety with reports of erratic behavior.
- Whitney Houston Dead at 48
- Fans Can Watch Whitney Houston Funeral Online
- Whitney Houston's Death Was Feared
- Whitney Houston Investigation
- Houston Died From Drowning
- Three People Injured in Shooting on College Campus Near Houston
- Country Music Star is Buried in her Florida Home Town
- Bush: Van Cliburn Spread Peace Through Music
- Astronaut Makes Music Video Aboard Space Station
- Bibles and Booze Mix Sunday Mornings at Iconic Bar