New Details in Washington State Double Murder/Suicide
There are new details this morning on how a Washington State father tried to kill his two sons just before igniting the fiery explosion that engulfed them all.
Police say Josh Powell tried to kill 7 year old Charles and 5 year old Braden with a hatchet before the fire could take their lives. Pierce County Sheriff's Spokesperson Ed Troyer said he wasn't sure of Powell's intentions.
Troyer said, "I don't know if intent was to try and put them out before the fire but he didn't do a very good job of it."
Powell was the prime suspect in the disappearance of his wife.
The boys were taken to Powell's home on Sunday by a case worker. The case worker was locked out of the house and Powell set the house on fire, killing him and his two sons.
There were signs that he had been planning his final act. He donated the kids' toys to a charity and sent many goodbye emails.
- Bizarre Murder/Suicide Premeditated?
- Apparent Murder-Suicide Kills 2
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide
- Detectives Investigate Murder-Suicide
- Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Attempted Murder-Suicide in Live Oak
- 8 Dead Including 6 Children in Gilchrist County Murder-Suicide
- Two dead in murder-suicide on Ocala's east side
- New details on Marion County girl found
- Family Speaks Out On Double-Murder Suicide In Palatka