Twitter Seeks Advertisers
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Buying ads on Twitter is about to get easier for small businesses. That's because the online messaging service is adding a key piece to its moneymaking model.
Twitter is making it more convenient by unveiling a long-awaited automated system that will enable advertisers to manage their marketing campaigns and budgets without having to deal with sales reps.
The self-service approach initially will only be available to advertisers who accept or use American Express cards before Twitter opens the system to all comers later this year.
Flipping the switch on self-service advertising is the latest sign of Twitter's ambition to create a powerful marketing vehicle in the mold of Google and Facebook.
It also marks another stepping stone toward an eventual initial public offering of stock from Twitter.
- Limbaugh Advertisers Keep Heading for the Exits
- General Motors Pulling out of Facebook Advertising
- Students Seek to Stop Loan Interest Rate Hike
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Carnival Seeks Dismissal of Triumph Lawsuits
- Romney Seeks Tea Party Votes, Satorum Hunts Cash
- American Airlines Seeks Deal
- Residential Capital Seeks Chapter 11 Protection
- Feds Seek Suspects, Motive in Boston Bombings
- Amanda Berry's Sister Offers Thanks, Seeks Privacy