Bobby Brown Gets Arrested
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Officials in Southern California say Bobby Brown has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
California Highway Patrol Officer Mike Harris says Brown was arrested around 12:20 p.m. Monday in the San Fernando Valley north of Los Angeles.
He failed a field sobriety test and was booked on suspicion of DUI.
Harris says the R&B singer was pulled over after an officer saw him talking on his cellphone without a hands-free unit and noticed he appeared to be impaired.
Los Angeles police say Brown was released from jail on his own recognizance shortly before 2 p.m.
The 43-year-old is the ex-husband of Whitney Houston and a founding member of the group New Edition.
An email message to his attorney, Christopher Brown, was not immediately returned
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested
- Funeral Held For Bobby Bowden's Grandson
- Muschamp Says Murphy's Shoulder Improving, Trenton Brown Talks O-Line
- Capt. Turnace Brown To Be Buried
- Adrian D. Brown Retrial
- Flu Widespread, California Gets the Chills, and China Capital Pollution Spike.
- Lebron's Mother Gets Plea Deal in Valet Altercation
- Scott Gets Claims Bill for Brain-Damaged Colorado Boy
- Teen gets hit by bus
- Candy Bars Get A Makeover