Bobby Brown Gets Arrested
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Officials in Southern California say Bobby Brown has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
California Highway Patrol Officer Mike Harris says Brown was arrested around 12:20 p.m. Monday in the San Fernando Valley north of Los Angeles.
He failed a field sobriety test and was booked on suspicion of DUI.
Harris says the R&B singer was pulled over after an officer saw him talking on his cellphone without a hands-free unit and noticed he appeared to be impaired.
Los Angeles police say Brown was released from jail on his own recognizance shortly before 2 p.m.
The 43-year-old is the ex-husband of Whitney Houston and a founding member of the group New Edition.
An email message to his attorney, Christopher Brown, was not immediately returned
- "Hoops not crime" crew gets new court
- Marshals Find Fugitive
- Celebrations 10/19/15
- Homicide Suspect Arrested After Police Chase
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested
- Moment of silence held in Gainesville following Ferguson verdict
- UF students hold donation drive for Ecuador victims
- Officer's Trial in Ferguson, Missouri- Jury Returns Monday
- Ferguson Police Officer Resigns Following Monday's Grand Jury Decision
- Baird Candle Light Vigil