Both Men Plead Guilty in Corpse Abuse Case
It was called the "Weekend at Bernie's" case... and now the two men arrested for the crimes have pleaded guilty.
Robert Jeffery Young and Mark Rubinson are leaving courtrooms after being sentenced for abusing the corpse of forty-three year old Jeffrey Jarrett. Both could have received jail time.
Young and Rubinson were convicted of putting Jarrett in their car last August, even though Jarrett appeared to be unresponsive and not moving.
They drove to a nightclub and stopped by Shotgun Willie's Strip Club and used Jarrett's ATM card before realizing Jarrett was dead.
They then took him back to his house and made several more stops using his credit card before flagging down police.
Now they both say that these events were a series of bad decisions that they both made.
In court Rubinson said he accepted full responsibility for what transpired and knows he can not change what has already happened
This case is referred to as the so called "Weekend at Bernie's" crime because Rubinson himself had described it as such.
The coroner determined that Jarrett had died to a toxic mixture of drugs and alcohol.
- Florida Woman Pleads Not Guilty in 'Toxic Tush' Case
- Kentucky Woman Pleads Guilty in Pregnant Woman's Death
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Florida Man Charged in $80M Drug Heist Pleads Not Guilty
- BP Oil Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter
- Teen Pleads Not Guilty in Ohio Cragslist Killings
- Roc-A-Fella Pleads Guilty To Drugs
- Former Cheerleader Pleads Not Guilty
- Former CIA Agent Pleads Not Guilty
- Two Men and A Truck Helps Moms of Domestic Abuse and Homelessness