DNA Confirms Identity
HOUSTON (AP) - DNA tests have confirmed that a Houston man who reported his son missing eight years ago is the father of the boy found in East Texas last week.
Fernando Morin and his wife, Auboni Champion-Morin, are seeking to regain custody of the child who's been in foster care since he was found in San Augustine, about 140 miles northeast of Houston, last week.
Child Protective Services officials say the results of Morin's DNA tests were disclosed in a Houston court Wednesday. His wife's results were not complete.
Another court hearing in the case is set for next week.
A woman is jailed in San Augustine on a kidnapping charge related to the child's disappearance in late 2004.
Child welfare authorities also are investigating the case.
- Mass. DA: DNA Links DeSalvo to Strangler Victim
- Senate Confirms Brennan as CIA Director
- 6th Tornado Death Confirmed in Oklahoma
- Senate Confirms Kerry Nomination For State Department
- DNA Tests Lead to 1983 Sex Offender
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Archer Man
- DNA Brings Police Sketch To Life
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- Police: DNA Links Suspect to Rape
- The state now has five confirmed cases and 15 probable cases of swine flu.