Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Houston Died From Drowning
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Coroner's officials have ruled Whitney Houston died by drowning, but heart disease and cocaine use were contributing factors.
The announcement Thursday ends weeks of speculation about what killed the Grammy-winning singer on Feb. 11.
Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on the eve of the Grammy Awards.
Several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, but coroner's officials said they weren't in excessive quantities.
Coroner's spokesman Craig Harvey says cocaine metabolites were found in Houston's system, and it was listed as a contributing factor in her death.
He says the results indicated Houston was a chronic cocaine user.
- Whitney Houston Dead at 48
- Whitney Houston's Death Was Feared
- Whitney Houston Investigation
- Fans Can Watch Whitney Houston Funeral Online
- Two Men Feared Dead After Trying to Save Boy From Drowning
- Woman Dies From Flesh Eating Bacteria
- Gainesville Man Dies While Saving Drowning Kids
- Three People Injured in Shooting on College Campus Near Houston
- NASA to use spacesuit that almost drowned astronaut to conduct ISS repairs
- GPD Officer Dies From Injuries; Driver Has First Court Appearance