JetBlue Suspends Captain Who Disrupted Flight
NEW YORK (AP) - JetBlue Airways is suspending the captain whose erratic behavior caused an emergency landing of an early morning flight from New York bound for Las Vegas.
Clayton Osbon has been a pilot at JetBlue since 2000, the airline's first year of flying. The company said a "medical situation" occurred onboard the plane on Tuesday but wouldn't elaborate.
Passengers said the pilot was yelling and acting unruly in the cabin after he was locked out of the cockpit of the plane. A group of passengers tackled the captain and restrained him until the plane made an emergency landing in Amarillo, Texas.
JetBlue spokeswoman Allison Steinberg said Wednesday that Osbon was taken off active duty pending review of the incident.
- Passengers Say Captain Yelled About Bomb on JetBlue Flight
- Prosecutors Want JetBlue Captain Held Without Bond
- JetBlue Pilot is Held Without Bond
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Zooms Over NYC on Jet
- US Airlines to Halt Northeast Flights
- Passenger Attacks Crew on NC-to-Florida Flight
- Marlins Manager Suspended for Castro Comment
- Fighter Jet Emergency Landing
- Navy Jet Crashes Into Apartment Complex in Virginia
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant