Missing Boy Is Found
SAN AUGUSTINE, Texas (AP) - Texas authorities believe they've found a boy who was kidnapped as an infant eight years ago and have arrested his former babysitter.
Krystle Rochelle Tanner remains jailed without bond in San Augustine, about 150 miles northeast of Houston.
Authorities say Tanner was a suspect when the infant's mother in Houston reported him missing in 2004. But the case went cold in 2006.
Last summer, child welfare investigators received a complaint that Tanner and her boyfriend were neglecting their two children.
Authorities said they couldn't find the older boy.
The San Augustine County Sheriff's Department began investigating in January. Officials there recently learned that Tanner was suspected in the 2004 kidnapping.
Authorities say Tanner's relative led them to the boy, who will be returned to his mother.
- Missing Boy Found In Texas
- Missing Ocala Boy Found
- Human Remains Found In Missing Boy's Yard
- Missing Ballon Pilot's Body Found
- Missing Teacher Found
- Missing Sisters Found
- Two Men Missing After Trying to Save Boy from River
- Three-year-old Boy Found Dead at Bottom of Abandoned Pool
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Body of Missing Woman Found in Marion County