Missing Teacher Found
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. (AP) - Students at a Vermont boarding school are mourning a teacher whose body was apparently found after she had been missing for a day.
Vermont police are expected Tuesday to release autopsy results on the body believed to be that of 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins.
She was reported missing Sunday night and her SUV was found idling with her unharmed 2-year-old child inside. Police said a body found in a nearby town Monday was likely Jenkins'.
Police have not identified a suspect, and townspeople are on edge.
Students are in mourning at St. Johnsbury Academy, where Jenkins taught science. A shrine was set up in the main hall.
One sign said, "We love you Miss Jenkins. You will be missed."
- Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside
- Missing Woman's Remains Found in Texas
- Missing Boy Is Found
- Missing Ballon Pilot's Body Found
- Missing Boy Found In Texas
- Missing Sisters Found
- Marion County Teacher and Husband Found Dead
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean
- Missing Girl Found; Parents Still Seek Answers