Titanic Hits Theaters in 3D
15 years after its debut, you can re-live the first movie to break the billion-dollar box office barrier, in 3-D. The updated "Titanic" will open globally April 6th. The red carpet premiere was held Tuesday in London.
James Cameron's week started with a trip to the bed of the Pacific Ocean at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Less than 2 days later, he was back on familiar ground walking the red carpet in London to promote his beloved movie Titanic.
15 years ago this made box office history amassing 1.8 billion dollars. It also made stars out of its lead actors, Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet. Converting the film to 3-D it took 300 graphic designers 750,000 working hours.
Titanic's legacy in movie legacy is colossal, breaking box office records and amassing awards. Yet this week the film is in danger of being eclipsed by the underwater exploits of the film's director, James Cameron, both made a journey to the bottom of the ocean, but only one returned.
- Movies Hitting the Theaters This Week
- Movies Hitting Theatres This Friday March 30th
- Look at Movies Hitting Theaters This April 13, 2012
- Movies Hitting Theaters This Friday 4/20/12
- Movies Hitting Theaters This Friday 4/27/12
- Movies Hitting Theaters This Friday 5/25/12
- Movies Hitting Theaters This Friday 6/15/12
- Titanic Memorial Cruise Delayed by Strong Winds
- Now Showing in Theaters
- Witness Account of Colorado Movie Theater Shooting