Toddler Found In Septic Tank
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) - A southern New Jersey toddler who went missing from her home has been found dead in a nearby septic tank.
Lakewood police say the 2-year-old was found in the underground sewage tank on Monday night. Authorities say she may have fallen through a hole into the tank, which is used for processing waste.
The discovery of her body ended a roughly three-hour search by township police, an Ocean County Sheriff's Department canine unit and a state police helicopter.
It's unknown how long the toddler was inside the septic tank. Authorities say her family had reported her missing.
- Residents Near Springs May Get Replacement Septic Tanks
- Septic Tanks Becoming Obsolete?
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
- Toddlers Found in Pool, in Critical Condition
- Toddler found outside, alone at Daycare
- Toddler Found Wandering Alone
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car
- Local Business Owner on ABC's "Shark Tank"
- Missing Toddler
- Weapons, Explosives Found in Dorm at UCF