Basketball Fans Arrested
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Police in Kentucky say they have arrested several dozen people following the Wildcats' 67-59 win over Kansas in the NCAA championship game.
Fans filled the streets near the university's Lexington campus within minutes of the game's conclusion Monday night.
They jumped up and down, screamed, sprayed beer and waved Kentucky flags.
Lexington police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said late Monday that officers were "seeing fires being lit and things of that nature."
She added that people had set couches and at least one car on fire.
Roberts said a car crashed into the patio area at a bar and grill where some people were dining, but the metal and brick wall kept the vehicle from getting onto the patio. She didn't have information about injuries.
Police also had handed out numerous citations, many for alcohol-related offenses.
- Fans Can Watch Whitney Houston Funeral Online
- Fans Receive Upgrade After Good Deed
- Upset Fan
- 200 Big Macs for Fans
- UF Basketball Player Arrested
- Report: Bieber had Pot, Xanax in System at Arrest
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Fugitive Arrest
- Trayvon Martin Parents Relieved Over Arrest
- 2 More FAMU Hazing Death Defendants Arrested