Boy Uses Gun To Scare Bullies
CINCINNATI (AP) - Police say they have charged a 10-year-old Ohio boy after he told them he brought a BB gun to school to intimidate students who bullied him because he wears ankle braces and is small for his age.
Elmwood Place police Sgt. Kevin Vanover said Wednesday that the boy was charged with inducing panic after he took the BB gun to his elementary school in the suburban Cincinnati village on Monday.
He remains in his mother's custody awaiting a juvenile court hearing. No hearing date is set.
Vanover says the principal reported that some children said they saw the boy with the gun and thought it was a firearm. Police say the gun's orange plastic tip was missing.
School officials declined to discuss specifics, but say they also will be investigating.
- Police Find Gun Believed Used in CA College Shooting
- Supreme Court Won't Review Police Use of Stun Guns
- Same Gun was Used in Attacks in France
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- 12 year old Boy Caught on Camera Stealing Gun
- Student Accused of Shooting at Bullies Speaks Out
- City Council Wants Guns Banned at GOP Convention
- Is Tighter Gun Control the Answer?
- Supect Says He Stole Gun.
- Colorado Shooter Buys Gun After He Fails Oral Exam