Boy Uses Gun To Scare Bullies
CINCINNATI (AP) - Police say they have charged a 10-year-old Ohio boy after he told them he brought a BB gun to school to intimidate students who bullied him because he wears ankle braces and is small for his age.
Elmwood Place police Sgt. Kevin Vanover said Wednesday that the boy was charged with inducing panic after he took the BB gun to his elementary school in the suburban Cincinnati village on Monday.
He remains in his mother's custody awaiting a juvenile court hearing. No hearing date is set.
Vanover says the principal reported that some children said they saw the boy with the gun and thought it was a firearm. Police say the gun's orange plastic tip was missing.
School officials declined to discuss specifics, but say they also will be investigating.
- Deputies Forced to Stop Using Stun Guns
- Police Find Gun Believed Used in CA College Shooting
- Supreme Court Won't Review Police Use of Stun Guns
- Same Gun was Used in Attacks in France
- Jurors Learn Gun Used in Murder Found Outside the Courthouse Where Defendant is Being Tried
- Man Uses Plastic Gun To Rob Two Women
- Officer Uses Stun Gun on Intruder at Hospital
- 12 year old Boy Caught on Camera Stealing Gun
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- Student Accused of Shooting at Bullies Speaks Out