Catholics Call For Mercy
Published April 12th, 2012
A cry for mercy for a convicted killer.
The Florida Catholic Conference is asking Governor Rick Scott to spare David Alan Gore from the death penalty.
Gore is scheduled to be executed tonight at 6 O'clock for the murder of six women.
While the conference doesn't defend Gore's actions, they believe the state shouldn't be killing people.
"The crimes committed by David Gore are absolutely horrendous and they cry out to God for justice, but justice can be achieved without taking his life."
In 1983 Gore admitted to the murders.
Gore, with the help of his cousin, kidnapped ..tortured..raped and dismembered the women before killing them.
- First Responders Deal With Drunk Man on the Way to Emergency Call
- Cluster of Sinkholes in Suwannee County Leaves Man at the Mercy of FEMA
- Protestors March on the Republican National Convention
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- McCain Calls for US to Lead on Syria Airstrikes
- Mack Attack Ad Blasts Nelson Over Obama Pipeline Call
- Groups Call on Florida to Halt Voter Purge
- Calls: Zimmerman Told Wife to Buy Bulletproof Vest
- President Calls for Corporate Tax Cuts
- Romney Calls Santorum an "Economic Lightweight"