Dangerous Texas Storms
BURLESON, Texas (AP) - Dallas Police say possible tornadoes have touched down in the southern part of that city as a band of severe weather moves through northern Texas.
Local television footage shows overturned and smashed semi-trailers on the ground in the southern portion of Dallas County.
Dallas Police spokeswoman Sherri Jeffrey says twisters also have caused damage in the city limits.
Weather service advisories issued Tuesday said storm spotters and radar shows separate "large and extremely dangerous" tornadoes both south of Dallas and Fort Worth.
The weather service says "considerable damage" has been reported near Cleburne, south of Fort Worth, and Lancaster, south of Dallas.
- FBI: Officers Stormed Bunker When Child In Danger
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend
- The Dangers of a Drug Named "Molly "
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement
- Dangerous Habit of Smoking Alcohol Gains Popularity
- What Caused the Texas Fertilizer Explosion? An Expert Weighs In
- High Court Sends Back Texas Race-based Plan
- Dangerous Playground Slides
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Mom Runs Over Child (Texas)