Drivers Are Not The Only Ones Hurting From Gas Prices
Published April 11th, 2012
Despite high prices at the pump, several U.S. oil refineries that make and sell gas are going broke.
Oil companies say the refineries are old and can't produce the cheaper and heavier oils made popular by suppliers in other countries.
They say about 50 percent of the refining capacity on the east coast are either closed or preparing to shut down in the coming months.
That may mean even higher fuel prices for drivers later this year if shortages develop.
- Gas Prices Hurting One Town
- Gas Prices Continue To Rise
- Another Cold Night in California, Gas Prices Rise Again, and Future of Sandy Hook School Discussed
- Gas Prices Lower
- Gas Prices Down Nationwide
- Truck Driver Survives Precarious Situation
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Black Bear Falls From Tree
- Dog Saved From Rush Hour Traffic
- Marine Arrives Home from Mexican Jail