Former Senator George McGovern Hospitalized
ST. AUGUSTINE, FLA. (AP) - Former Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern has been hospitalized in Florida.
Officials with Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine, Fla., tell the Associated Press that the former South Dakota senator is in stable condition.
The 89-year-old McGovern splits his time between Florida and South Dakota and has been hospitalized several times in recent months.
In December, he fell and hit his head in Mitchell, S.D., just minutes before he was to be interviewed live on C-SPAN for a program about his lasting influence on modern-day politics.
McGovern's daughter, Ann McGovern, tells the AP that he's "comfortable" and undergoing tests to determine why he's been experiencing brief spells during which he passes out and cannot speak.
- Smuggled Dinosaur Skeleton Returned to Mongolian Government
- States Sue Government Over Birth Control
- Bales' Attorney: Government "Hiding Evidence"
- Judge Reluctant to Delay in Zimmerman Case
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Lacrosse Murder Trial Goes to Jurors
- New Poll: Obama Leads Romney in Florida, Bill Nelson Ahead in Senate Race
- Senate Confirms Brennan as CIA Director