Loyal Dog Called Inspirational
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A loyal Labrador retriever named Maggie, who was videotaped as she guarded the body of a yellow Lab hit and killed by a car in Southern California, has been reunited with her family.
Maggie's family claimed her Monday from a Los Angeles Shelter, after she'd been spayed and microchipped and dozens had offered to adopt her.
A good Samaritan saw the incident in La Puente last Wednesday, called officers, put traffic cones around the dogs and took the video that touched hearts across the country.
Animal Care and Control Capt. Aaron Reyes says officers were getting the dogs out of the street at the same time Maggie's family was at the shelter looking for her.
He says Maggie can go home Tuesday after shelter workers inspect her home.
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Winner Downs 68 Dogs in Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Yoho Opponent Jake Rush Responds to Photos, Calls Role-Playing a "Hobby"
- Congressman Yoho Calls Farm Bill Failure a "Disappointment"
- McCain Calls for US to Lead on Syria Airstrikes
- Mack Attack Ad Blasts Nelson Over Obama Pipeline Call
- Groups Call on Florida to Halt Voter Purge
- Calls: Zimmerman Told Wife to Buy Bulletproof Vest
- AG Calls Martin Killing an 'Unnecessary Shooting'