Middle School Students Stop a Bus from Crashing
Middle school students in Washington State managed to stop a school bus after their driver slumped over behind the wheel.
The heroics were caught on surveillance camera from inside the bus.
The surveillance video shows the moment a school bus driver losses consciousness, slumping at the wheel as the bus full of children careens out of control.
Jeremy Wuitschick, one of those students reacted as the bus headed straight for a church.
Wuitschick said the driver was a substitute.
The driver began showing signs that something was wrong.
He was coughing and shifting in his seat with his eyes rolling into his head as he fell over.
Wuitschick grabs the wheels turning it right and pulls the keys from the ignition shutting off the engine and slowing down the bus.
Johnny Wood who has been trained in CPR by the Red Cross also ran to help.
Other students on the bus called 911, as a teacher from the school hopped on board to help out.
The students say they're glad they kept cool heads in this moment of panic.
Medics responded and the driver was taken to a hospital.
His condition is unknown.
No students were injured.
- Middle School Student is Gunman in Nevada School Shooting
- 12 Students Hurt in Putnam County School Bus Crash
- Bus Crash Lands 14 Students And Driver In Hospital
- Fatal School Bus Crash
- Child Killed in School Bus Crash in New Jersey
- Dog Saved From Rush Hour Traffic
- Ryan: Elect Romney, Stop Burying the Middle Class
- Bus Crash Indiana
- Two Men Feared Dead After Trying to Save Boy From Drowning
- 11 Year Old Boy From Wisconsin Saves His Money and Donates it to Police Department