Middle School Students Stop a Bus from Crashing
Middle school students in Washington State managed to stop a school bus after their driver slumped over behind the wheel.
The heroics were caught on surveillance camera from inside the bus.
The surveillance video shows the moment a school bus driver losses consciousness, slumping at the wheel as the bus full of children careens out of control.
Jeremy Wuitschick, one of those students reacted as the bus headed straight for a church.
Wuitschick said the driver was a substitute.
The driver began showing signs that something was wrong.
He was coughing and shifting in his seat with his eyes rolling into his head as he fell over.
Wuitschick grabs the wheels turning it right and pulls the keys from the ignition shutting off the engine and slowing down the bus.
Johnny Wood who has been trained in CPR by the Red Cross also ran to help.
Other students on the bus called 911, as a teacher from the school hopped on board to help out.
The students say they're glad they kept cool heads in this moment of panic.
Medics responded and the driver was taken to a hospital.
His condition is unknown.
No students were injured.
- Child Killed in School Bus Crash in New Jersey
- Fatal School Bus Crash
- Bus Crash Indiana
- Dog Saved From Rush Hour Traffic
- Two Men Feared Dead After Trying to Save Boy From Drowning
- Ryan: Elect Romney, Stop Burying the Middle Class
- Lake Weir Middle School Student Hit By Truck, Dies
- Mebane Middle School Student Inspires Porter's Pink Passion Day
- Parent Wants Bus Stop Moved Away From Sex Offenders
- Teen Attacked Walking Towards Bus Stop