FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Divers are searching a pond in Fayetteville as police continue their search for a missing Army soldier.
Authorities say 23-year-old Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux of St. Cloud, Fla., has been missing since April 14.
Officials at Fort Bragg reported her missing to Fayetteville police two days later.
On Wednesday, Fayetteville police and military authorities searched along Ramsey Street between Interstate 295 and the bar where Bordeaux left around 1:20 a.m. Saturday.
A helicopter with the N.C. Highway Patrol circled the Carvers Falls area off Ramsey Street while about 50 lawmen and 65 soldiers searched thick woods in the area.
Bordeaux is assigned as a health service specialist with the 601st Area Support Medical Company, 261st Multifunctional Medical Battalion, 44th Medical Brigade.
- Missing Soldier's Family Holds Out Hope for News
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Rocket Launches Carrying Satellite to Help Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala
- Wife Defends Soldier Accused in Afghan Rampage
- Pentagon Looks Into Motivation Behind Soldier's Deady Rampage
- Soldier in WikiLeaks Case
- Soldier's Attorney Plans Trip To Afghanistan
- US Soldier Pleads Guilty in Afghan Massacre
- Georgia Soldier Gets Hearing in Death of Pregnant Wife