Mother Murdered And Her Baby Stolen
SPRING, Texas (AP) - Authorities in Texas say a 30-year-old woman has admitted she shot a young mother and abducted her newborn son in a town near Houston.
Verna McClain is charged with capital murder in the killing of Kala Marie Golden.
Witnesses saw the shooter repeatedly shoot Golden and drive away with her 3-day-old son, Keegan.
According to the arrest record, authorities found Keegan late last night at McClain's home.
She's being held without bail.
Witnesses say even after Golden was shot multiple times, she didn't stop trying to save her baby.
They say that after the shooter grabbed the baby and tried to drive away, the dying mother leaned into the vehicle and tried to take the child back.
The attacker then sped away.
- A Texas Baby Kidnapped His Mother Murdered
- Mother Kills Her Own Baby Before Turning Gun on Herself
- Mother Arrested for Baby Daughter's Murder
- Woman Sells Her Baby for a Truck
- Mother Stabs Baby in Face in Front of Social Worker
- Woman Returns from Work to Find Her Brick Driveway Was Stolen
- Mother Kills Her 4 Children and Then Herself
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- Man Kills Ex-Girlfriend, Her Mother