A Special Prom Date
The Prom. A high school tradition that almost didn't happen for one 18-year-old from Cypress, Texas.
But, she went to the prom last night thanks to a determined mom and a nice guy.
Jessica Willey reports.
With perfect hair and makeup, matching dress, tie and flowers, Amber House and Matt Gill posed for their upteenth picture. Pre-prom...a rite of passage Amber's parents weren't sure she'd ever know.
Amber's Mother Peggy House said, "It's a moment you hope would happen but you don't know it would."
18 year old Amber has Downs Syndrome. Her parents say she's a social butterfly so she's always had friends, but they weren't confident she'd have a date.
Peggy started campaigning a few months ago. Turns out she didn't need to.
16 year old Matt stepped up. The two know each other from home school choir. He says she was always his first choice. A little gesture that means a lot.
A night of joy for those who love her.
- A Special Prom In Indiana
- Michigan teen makes prom dress out of Starburst wrappers
- Date Set For Sentencing of Jerry Sandusky
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Mom Runs Over Child (Texas)
- 97 Year Old Texas Woman Rides Hot Air Balloon
- Investigators Blame Ammonium Nitrate in Massive West, Texas explosion
- Overturned Texas Execution Back on
- Special Pitch
- Chavez's execution date set