Van Der Sloot to U.S.
Published April 24th, 2012
The process to extradite Joran Van Der Sloot from Peru to the United States to face criminal charges has begun.
Van Der Sloot's Peruvian attorney says a judge has approved the first step in bringing him to America.
The lawyer says he thinks van der sloot will be extradited within the next three months.
He says if his client is convicted of extortion in the U.S. Van Der Sloot would first finish his 28-year sentence for murder in Peru, then go back to the U.S.
Van Der Sloot murdered Stephany Flores in 20-10 in Peru.
He is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
U.S. authorities want to try Van Der Sloot on charges of extortion and wire fraud in the Holloway Case.
- The U.S. Postal Service Wants in on the Alcohol Delivery Business
- U.S. Postal Service Facing Financial Crisis
- Bush: Van Cliburn Spread Peace Through Music
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed
- Deadly Van Crash
- Women Accused of Shooting an Assistant U.S. Attorney
- New Response Van
- UF Mosquito trap to be tested outside U.S.
- Airlines cancel hundreds of flights as hurricane hits U.S.
- U.S. Killing of Afghans Won't Change US War Plan