Woman Takes Over Plane When Pilot Becomes Unconscious
The pilot of a plane fell unconscious, so his wife took control and managed to land it even though it was dangerously low on fuel.
The 80-year-old woman had some flight training but was not familiar with the controls of the plane.
The woman was "cool, calm and collected" as the aircraft made a hard landing and skidded about 1,000 feet before coming to a stop.
Her 81-year-old husband was pronounced dead at a hospital.
- Cockpit Voice Recorder Shows Asiana Pilot Tried to Abort Landing
- New Teachers Become Students Before Taking Over The Classroom
- Diverted Plane Lands in Miami to Check Pressure
- Tom Gabel To Become Woman
- Pilot OK After Small Plane Crashes
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Pilot Seriously Injured In Small Plane Crash
- Wife Watches as Stunt Pilot Husband's Plane Crashes
- Marion Co. Authorities Searching for Missing Plane, Pilot
- Feds Take Over Case of SUV on Philadelphia Runway