Man Jumps to Attempted Suicide at Niagara Falls
BUFFALO, New York- There was a dramatic rescue at Niagara Falls on Monday after rescuers say a man jumped 180 feet over the edge.
Witnesses reported seeing the man climb over a railing and jump over the Horseshoe Falls.
Authorities believe he was trying to commit suicide.
A helipcopter lowered a harness, however the man refused to grab on so the chopper used its propellers to blow the man closer to the shore line where rescuers could reach him.
He spent nearly an hour in the frigid cold waters before he was rescued.
The man suffered from hypothermia, fractured ribs and cuts to his head and face.
He is only the third person to survive going over the falls unprotected.
- Niagara Falls Tightrope
- Man Not Armed When He Jumps From Crane
- Attempted Murder-Suicide in Live Oak
- Man Dies after Jump from Window
- Acclaimed Film Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide
- New Details in Washington State Double Murder/Suicide
- Rutgers Suicide Case
- NFL Star Apparently Commits Suicide
- Prosecutors to Appeal Sentence in Webcam Suicide Case
- Delray Beach Man Attacked Woman, Attempted a Carjacking