Man Not Armed When He Jumps From Crane
UNIVERSITY PARK, Texas- Dallas police say it doesn't appear a 44-year-old man was armed when he holed up in the cab of a 150-foot crane for 14 hours before falling to his death.
The man died early Tuesday after he climbed into the crane towering a methodist university.
Police say he had claimed he was armed on Monday and threatened to shoot anyone who approached him.
An assistant chief said no weapon was found.
The man who jumped was a person of interest in the hijacking of a box truck containing band equipment, but hadn't been conclusively linked to the heist.
- Partial Crane Collapse on top of NYC High-rise from Sandy's Winds
- Family of Inglis Man Killed After Jumping From Moving Car Remembers His Life
- Man Dies after Jump from Window
- Man Steals Crane Leading Slow Speed Chase
- Man Jumps to Attempted Suicide at Niagara Falls
- Whooping cranes delayed by rain
- John Eddy Beats Up His Partner When Friends Discover She's A Man
- Man Rents Gun, Kills Self at Orlando Gun Range
- Woman Takes Over Plane When Pilot Becomes Unconscious
- FBI: Officers Stormed Bunker When Child In Danger