NY Man Dug Up Dead Pet, Sent Photos to Owner
KINGSTON, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities say a 20-year-old New York man dug up a woman's dead pet chinchilla, then sent photos of it to her cellphone.
Police in Kingston tell the Daily Freeman of Kingston that the man pushed the 19-year-old woman down during a domestic dispute last weekend, then scratched her when she tried to grab her phone.
Authorities say he then dug up the dead chinchilla, snapped photos and sent them to her phone. He was arrested Sunday and sent to a hospital psychiatric ward for evaluation.
He faces assault and other charges. Authorities say he also stole $260 from the woman.
- FBI: No Threat to Boston-Chicago Flight Sent to NY
- Georgia Man Charged After 10 Dead Dogs Found in Home
- Yoho Opponent Jake Rush Responds to Photos, Calls Role-Playing a "Hobby"
- Defense Releases Photos, Texts of Trayvon Martin
- Judge Limits Texts, Photos in Trayvon Martin Case
- Davisville Store Owner Shot Dead
- Wildlife Official Poses in Controversial Photo
- Losing Pet Monkey is Like Losing a Daughter Says Pet Monkey Owner
- Gainesville Pet Finder Reunites Cat with Owner
- Small Business Owner Struggles To Find Workers