One in Four Lie on Facebook
It is getting tougher to believe everything that you read on the internet.
Facebook is the newest thing reflecting this sentiment.
Consumer reports found that about one out of every four Facebook users lies on their profiles.
It's not just to impress that guy or gal who wouldn't date them in high school; sometimes it's about privacy.
Those Facebook "liars" say they post something false to protect their identity.
Others use incorrect or incomplete names to hide from employers or list fake birthdays to foil potential identity thieves.
- Publix Warns Shoppers About Facebook Scam
- Alachua County To Be One of Four Sites in the Country to Launch National Safety Resource Center... Online
- Bond Increased for Father Accused of Facebook Murders
- Employers Screen Applicants by Going on Facebook
- General Motors Pulling out of Facebook Advertising
- Facebook IPO Under Fire
- Facebook Making Smart Phone
- Facebook Disperses Blame for IPO
- Facebook Dealt Lawsuit
- Caseworkers Lie on Reports, Lose Foster Kids