FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a Florida trucker who allegedly used fake license plates - from different states - to evade tolls.
Port Authority spokesman All Della Fave says 32-year-old Michael Krasozski of Sunny Isles Beach was driving a car carrier with 10 vehicles when it was stopped around 10 a.m. Saturday on the George Washington Bridge.
Della Fave says officers Michael Brennan and Jason Malice were in an unmarked car when they noticed problems with the carrier's license plates. After stopping the vehicle, they found the plates apparently were made by hand - and that one was a Maine plate and the other an Arizona plate.
Krasozski was charged with theft of services and falsifying and tampering with public records.
- Trucker pleads guilty in school bus crash
- Man Arrested For Fake 911 call
- Prosecutor Says Hakken May Be Faking Insanity
- Fake Money Arrest
- Police searching for fake Uber driver
- Gainesville man robs store with fake gun
- Trucker Accused of Battering, Kidnapping Woman
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- Jesus & Cross License Plates May Happen
- "Can a Brotha Get A Break" Specialty Plate?