FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a Florida trucker who allegedly used fake license plates - from different states - to evade tolls.
Port Authority spokesman All Della Fave says 32-year-old Michael Krasozski of Sunny Isles Beach was driving a car carrier with 10 vehicles when it was stopped around 10 a.m. Saturday on the George Washington Bridge.
Della Fave says officers Michael Brennan and Jason Malice were in an unmarked car when they noticed problems with the carrier's license plates. After stopping the vehicle, they found the plates apparently were made by hand - and that one was a Maine plate and the other an Arizona plate.
Krasozski was charged with theft of services and falsifying and tampering with public records.
- Prosecutor Says Hakken May Be Faking Insanity
- Man Arrested For Fake 911 call
- Top Beaches
- Flu Widespread, California Gets the Chills, and China Capital Pollution Spike.
- Fugitive Arrest
- Prisoner Escaped
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Trucker Accused of Battering, Kidnapping Woman
- Several shot at Sikh temple in Wisconsin