New Spelling Bee Champion
A teenager from San Diego is the nation's top speller.
Fourteen year old Snigdha Nandipati won the 85th Scripp's National Spelling Bee last night.
The teen spelled Guetapen to beat out eight other finalists in the brain busting competition.
The child is an avid reader and coin collector who wishes to become a neurosurgeon.
She will get a trophy, thirty thousand dollars in cash, a saving's bond and a scholarship.
The teen is the 10th Indian American to win the competition in the past fourteen years.
A teen from Melbourne finished second in the competition.
- Young Spelling Bee Champion
- New Rules for National Spelling Bee
- Spelling Bee
- J.J. Finley Student Wins District Spelling Bee
- District Spelling Bee
- Ocala Teen Competes in National Spelling Bee
- Busy Bees (National Honey Bee Awareness Week)
- Pesticide May Harm Bees
- Bees Buzzing in North Central Florida for National Honeybee Day
- Member of The Bee Gees loses battle with cancer