Tour Bus Overturns
MUNFORDVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Officials say dozens are being taken to hospitals after a tour bus carrying sixth-graders to Washington, D.C., overturned in south-central Kentucky.
Kentucky State Police Trooper Jonathan Biven of the Bowling Green post says 55 people, including 34 students, were aboard when the bus crashed Wednesday evening on Kentucky 728 in Hart County about 70 miles south of Louisville.
He says the injuries include minor scrapes and bruises. Everyone aboard was going by ambulance or private vehicle to area hospitals to be checked out.
Hardin Memorial Hospital house manager Jerry Taylor said about seven people were being brought there by ambulance with injuries that were not life threatening.
Biven says the private bus carrying Cub Run Elementary School students and adults had traveled four or five miles before the wreck happened. The trip was not school-related.
- Tour Bus Catches on Fire
- Overturned Texas Execution Back on
- Alachua Bus Tour
- Governor Rick Scott Continues Two Week Bus Tour
- I-75 Shut Down in Both Directions After Tractor Trailer Overturns
- Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
- Driver Hospitalized After Truck Overturns
- Marion County Highlights School Bus Safety Week
- Teen gets hit by bus
- Fatal School Bus Crash