Colorado Shooter Buys Gun After He Fails Oral Exam
AURORA, Colorado- In Colorado the families of those who died in the movie massacre are now laying their loved ones to rest.
We now know that the alleged gunman, James Holmes, bought a high powered rifle just hours after taking, and according ABC Denver affiliate, failing an oral exam for a doctorate program in June.
Holmes is accused of murdering 12 people and wounding dozens.
Some mental health experts say early adulthood is often when schizophrenia sets in, and the failure of the PHD exam may have triggered that for Holmes.
Authorities say Holmes took the time to plan the attack, assembling several weapons and ammunition, and acted like a focused marksman during the shooting, which might make claims of mental illness difficult.
Investigators believe Holmes received weapons training, and are trying to find out where he got it.
- Holmes Charged in Colorado Shooting Massacre
- Aurora Theater Shooting Suspect Enters Plea
- Witness Account of Colorado Movie Theater Shooting
- Reaction to gun control discussion after Orlando shooting
- Titanic Hits Theaters in 3D
- Pentagon: Military Casualties in Colorado Shooting
- Gunman Dead in Colorado School Shooting
- Deadly Mass Shooting in Colorado at Midnight Batman Movie Showing
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Is There a Link Between the Film and the Theater Shooting?