Dad Accused Of Beating Step-Son Out On Bail
EL CENTRO, California- The Southern California father accused of beating his step-son during a game of catch is out on bail.
Anthony Sanchez pleaded not guilty to felony child abuse in his first court appearance , but he refused to talk to the media.
Sanchez's defense attorney says the video has been misinterpreted, and that his client did not beat the 10 year old because he dropped the ball.
Video captured last month by a neighbor, shows Sanchez hitting the boy several times with a belt.
After the video went viral, Sanchez stepped down from his elected job at a water agency.
If found guilty, he faces up to 12 years in prison.
- $1M Bail for Man Accused of Putting Baby in Freezer
- Man Faces 15 Years For Stepson's Fatal Beating
- Another Elmo Accuser Steps Forward
- Man Convicted Of Killing Neighbor Out On Bail
- Student Accused of Shooting at Bullies Speaks Out
- Man Kills Dad Outside of Day Care
- Friends: Shooting Suspect Struggled After Dad Died
- Priest Becomes Dad
- Twins Conceived After Dad Died Won't Get Benefits
- Dad of Ohio Cancer Patient, 4, Denies Disney Trip