Deadly Mass Shooting in Colorado at Midnight Batman Movie Showing
AURORA, CO - At least 14 people were killed and dozens more were injured when a gunman opened fire at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado on Friday.
The movie, "Batman, Dark Knight Rises" had just gotten underway when witnesses say the gunman wearing a gas mask, opened a gas canister before opening fire.
There was mass panic as moviegoers tried to escape.
At last count, ten people died at the scene and another four died at area hospitals.
As many as 50 others were injured.
The unidentified gunman was taken into custody.
He told police that his apartment was filled with explosives.
Officers immediately evacuated his apartment complex and searched for explosives.
Approximately 100 FBI agents are on the scene.
- Witness Account of Colorado Movie Theater Shooting
- Pentagon: Military Casualties in Colorado Shooting
- Holmes Charged in Colorado Shooting Massacre
- Video Shows Zimmerman's Account of Deadly Fight
- Tiny Batman
- Phoenix Officer Involved in Sixth Deadly Shooting
- 1 Dead, 4 Wounded in Ohio High School Shooting
- Gunfire Leaves Two Dead, Seven Wounded in Pittsburgh Clinic Shooting
- Deadly Shooting at Texas Courthouse Kills 2
- At Least 7 Dead in Shooting at Religious University in Oakland