Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Alaska Airlines Plane Wing Note 'Not Appropriate'
SEATTLE (AP) - A passenger on an Alaska Airlines flight bound to Seattle looked out the window and saw what appeared to be a damaged area on the wing with a handwritten note saying, "We know about this."
The incident July 28 drew comments on Twitter and other social media websites, but the Seattle-based airline says there was nothing to worry about.
Spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said Tuesday that it was an approved trim repair to the corner flap on the right wing. A maintenance technician wrote to let the flight crew know.
Egan says, "The message was the result of someone's good intentions" but the wing note "was not appropriate and did not follow company procedures."
The message was immediately removed, and Alaska apologizes for any alarm it may have caused.
- Searchers Find Missing Alaska Teen Hiker
- Man Says He 'Belly-flopped' Plane Against Mountain
- Silver Springs Now Under State's Wing
- US Airlines to Halt Northeast Flights
- American Airlines Pilot Faces Child Porn Charges
- American Airlines Seeks Deal
- American Airlines
- American Airlines Could Lose More Customers After Loose Seats
- Outage Grounds American Airlines Flights
- Breaking: Airliner Crashes in San Francisco