Three Killed in Shooting Near Texas A&M University
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Police say a gunman was being served an eviction notice before he opened fire from inside a home near Texas A&M and killed a law enforcement officer.
College Station Assistant Police Chief Scott McCollum says Brazos County Constable Brian Bachmann was among three people, including the gunman, killed in a shootout at the house Monday.
McCollum says a 65-year-old man was the third person killed. A woman and three law enforcement officers also were injured.
McCollum says Bachmann went to the off-campus home near A&M's football stadium early Monday afternoon when the gunman opened fire.
Other officers responded to the scene after receiving a call that an officer was down.
The shooting prompted Texas A&M to send out an alert warning students and residents to stay away from the area.
- Texas A&M Student Body Ready for Florida Gators
- No Senior Day Magic, Gators Fall to Texas A&M
- 2 Florida A&M Professors on Leave in Hazing Case
- Florida A&M President Resigns in Wake of Scandal
- Florida A&M President to Resign Immediately
- Florida A&M University Decides on Entertainment for Football Season
- Countdown to Kickoff: Texas A&M
- Florida Enters Kyle Field, Leaves with 20-17 Win Over Texas A&M
- Lone Star Stomped: Gators Basketball Gets Big Win At Texas A&M
- Florida Gator Tennis Beats Texas A&M