Austrian Daredevil Felix Baumgartner Skydives From the Edge of Space
Austrian daredevil Felix Baumgartner, jumped from 23 miles above the Earth.
He set a record, since no one else had jumped from that high before.
During free fall he spun around briefly while reaching speeds of up to 700 MPH, but was able to stabilize fairly quickly.
For an encore, Baumgartner now hopes to pusue a career as a helicopter rescue pilot.
- Search For Missing Lake City Skydiver Turns Into Recovery Operation
- Space Capsule Returns To Earth
- Space Shuttle Endeavor Heads to California
- Preparations Made for Space Shuttle Atlantis' Retirement
- Black Bear Falls From Tree
- Dog Saved From Rush Hour Traffic
- Marine Arrives Home from Mexican Jail
- Drivers Are Not The Only Ones Hurting From Gas Prices
- Two Men Feared Dead After Trying to Save Boy From Drowning
- Keystone Veteran Dies in Skydiving Accident