Potential Longshoremen Strike Looms
Aside from the fiscal cliff, our economy could incur another huge blow if nearly fifteen thousand longshoremen go on strike Sunday.
Longshoremen move everything from our clothes, toys and electronics and more than a dozen ports from Maine to Texas might go on strike if a deal can't be reached.
Officials with knowledge of the negotiations say it boils down to payments the workers get for loading and shipping large containers.
The east and west coast ports handle about 55 billion dollars worth of cargo in an average month.
- Lightning Strikes Boy During Football Practice
- "Strike Out Hunger" Food Drives Wraps Up
- Zaxby's Warns Customers of Potential Fraud
- Rubio's Immigration Push a Potential Lift for GOP
- Occupy Wall Street Calls For Strike
- Protestors March on the Republican National Convention
- U.F.'s Faculty Union President Responds To Looming Budget Cuts
- State Farm Deadline Looming
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Marshals Find Fugitive